Tuesday, May 08, 2012
Episode 9: It's Raining Goodies!
Contact me as MayaMoonie on Ravelry, Plurk or email@example.com
Find the show on iTunes or Blip
Shoutouts:- ThePlayYard (Julie from Pennsylvania - The Playyard)
- coming up on 200 members (currently 133) - stitchinoutloud is giving us ANOTHER prize: $10 in patterns!! Enter here.
- see the thread on the Ravelry group - extended to May 31st!
- Harvest Dew by RoseHiver (Fru Dew) in Barking Dog Yarns Rune base in the Miss Marple colourway
- Herbivore ($6.00 US) by Stephen West in The Sanguine Gryphon Little Traveller base in the Painted Desert colourway
- Boneyard Shawl by Stephen West in Malabrigo Lace in the Purple Mystery colourway
- Annis by Susanna IC in Artyarns Cashmere 1 in colour 265
- Chiendent by RoseHiver in The Thylacine Braddon Sock in the Hollick colourway
- Torsion in Barking Dog Yarns Sirius base in the Persimmon Tree colourway - need to redo sock #2
- Marilinda ($6.50 US) by Cookie A using Louet Gems Fingering Weight in the Shamrock colourway
- Aerang by Jolene Mosley using Barking Dog Yarns Achilles base in the February 2012 club colourway
- Hypernova (6.90 Euros) by Arlene's World of Lace (from Jocelyn) using Wollmeise Lace Garn in the verzaubert colourway
- Mirror Mirror ($6.50 US) by Janel Laidman using Malabrigo Sock in Lechuga and The Plucky Knitter Superwash Merino in the One Hit Wonder colourway
- spindle from Fiber Artist Supply Co. (theknitstore on etsy.com)
- Corriedale from WC Mercantile
- MippyFoofalina's awesome idea to use wine bottles got me thinking about re-covering the box the spindle came in as a case
- Ecuador by Joji Locatelli from MuffinMegnMe (Muffin Meg n Me Podcast) who spoils me rotten!
- Judy B by Kimberly Gintar (The Giving Flower Podcast) from Tina of the Knitting Blooms Podcast
- Namaste Buddy Case from Debby (School Spirit Knits) via Lisa of Fibernymph Dyeworks and the 90% Knitting Podcast
- from StudentKnits7 (StudentKnits Podcast) January? contest
- Pamela's yarn
- stitch markers from Carilou Links
- WC Mercantile mixed BFL and Corriedale
How to make the perfect fitting toe for a cuff-down sock using the medium sized Harvest Dew as an example:
- 66 foot stitches need to decrease to 26 at the end (so 66-26 = 40 stitches to decrease)
- on each decrease round, 4 stitches are decreased, so those 40 stitches will need 10 rounds (40 / 4 = 10)
- because there is a rest row between each decrease round, it will take 20 rounds to complete the toe (10 x 2 = 20)
- measure your row gauge on the sole of the sock after completing the heel decreases (in my case, 13 rpi)
- 20 toe rounds / 13 rpi = 1.54" total toe length
- knowing that the total length of the foot I need is 10.25", and 10.25" - 1.5" = 8.75", I now know that I need to knit the foot straight for 8.75" and then begin my toe decreases.
- thank you Amazon shoppers!
- thank you for using the donation button on the blog!